Jen Chau’s commentaries on race, identity, and the mixed community have appeared in a variety of media outlets including the New York Times, USA Today, Wolf Blitzer Reports on CNN, MSNBC Live, Paula Zahn Now on CNN, NPR’s News and Notes, and Street Soldiers on Hot 97. All Swirl related stories appear below. Please click here to view Jen’s other media appearances.
Jen is available as a speaker or consultant on issues surrounding general race issues, mixed race identity, interracial relationships, raising a healthy mixed family, and leadership and activism in a diverse world. Please send all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jen Chau quoted in Chicago Tribute article, “Interracial marriage: Mixing in matching” (2012)
- SwirlBoston on Boston’s local news show, Chronicle – Channel 5 (2012)
SwirlBoston’s chapter leader Susan Lambe Sariñana appears along with other members in this series to discuss multiracial identity.
- Segment One
- Segment Two
- Segment Three
- Segment Four
- Jen Chau and Lynda Turet on CNN (2008)
Lynda and Jen, along with two other SwirlNYC members, discuss issues around race, identity, and Barack Obama’s run for the White House.
- Video and story.
- Jen Chau on WNYC’s Brian Lehrer Show (2008)
Jen discusses race, Obama, and what it means to be mixed today, along with Carmen Van Kerckhove.
- Swirl mentioned as a resource in San Francisco Chronicle article, “Obama raises profile of mixed-race Americans” (2008)
- SwirlPhoenix plugged as resource in local blog, PhxSoul.com (2008)
- Jen Chau quoted in marketing blog article, “Stop Putting Obama in a Box” (2008)
- Megan Scott (past SwirlBayArea leader) in Oakland Magazine (2006)
- Jen Chau on The John Walsh Show (2004)
Jen discusses the resources available today to mixed race people, interracial couples and mixed families.
- Jen Chau on Naked New York on MetroTV (2003)
Jen explains how Swirl has created a home for mixed people who up until now never had their own community.
- Jen Chau on the Ananda Lewis Show (2002)
Jen discusses what interracial couples need to think about in regards to having a mixed race child.
- Jen Chau on Wolf Blitzer Reports on CNN (2000)
Jen discusses how she didn’t always find acceptance as a mixed race child, even within her own extended family.
This page has the following sub pages.